Monday, August 3, 2009

The Products of my Sowing

This purple flower is called "scaveola" or fan flower. I have planted this for about 5 years now, and this is the best it has looked since the first time I planted it. I was beginning to think it was "beginner's luck'.
Some impatiens and fan flower....


I transplanted these Black Eyed Susans back in June, didn't think they would survive, but somehow they did.

Every year I let the boys plant some wildflowers and sunflowers, just to see what will survive and pop up.....thought these were pretty!



And the kids' favorite...the Sunflowers...they love to get the seeds out of them and we always say we will roast them but I never have....will make a point to do that with them this year.

We all are guilty of complaining about the weather, especially when it disrupts our plans for the day with our family and friends. But this summer's abundance of rain has produced some of the most beautiful flowers in my garden and yard. Just goes to show us that God has a plan, even when we don't.....:-)


























3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! You are right about the weather too-we need to be much more appreciative!! Just like Fr. John said:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I love your blog. It is fantastic as is your family!! Did you get the e-mail I sent regarding our get together in Cadiz this September? I sent it on August 2nd. Hope you all can join us for a day or for a few days!

    Love - Myrt!

    ReplyDelete