Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Little Labor of Love

The Finished Project....I thought they turned out pretty well!!

It's amazing what a little black paint can do!


Apply some Mod Podge to the back of the picture. Allow to dry for 15 minutes and then brush it over the top of the pictures. Let completely dry before working with them.

I <3 Mod Podge!!! Nothing is safe in the house......





These old picture frames were given to me by my wonderful friend, Stephanie, back in the fall. They were her husband's grandmothers. She got them after his grandmother passed away and didn't know what to do with them. They are metal and Made in Italy so wanted to preserve them for her in some way. I had a total of 6 to work with. (Didn't post pics of her 3,b/c I want to surprise her. :-) Had some time on my hands this past weekend and decided to get to work on them. So I decopaged some pics of the kiddos on the wooden backing, gave the frames a fresh coat of paint, put some rubber coasters on the back, and in the end I made some unique coasters to set on an end table. For Stephanie, hopefully everytime she sees them she will smile and they will make a great conversation piece for the family.












1 comment:

  1. Aww Lee Ann...they are beautiful and what a sweet, sweet gift :)

    ReplyDelete