Monday, April 27, 2009

Tales of The Tooth Fairy










I just had to share this story! Ryan lost his first front tooth on Saturday. He was so excited! I swear that thing had been loose since the fall. Well we put it in a ziploc baggie and under his pillow. The next morning, as I was making waffles before church, he stumbles into the kitchen with his head down and carrying the baggie with his tooth in it. My heart dropped!!! Jason was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and Ryan wanders in to show him that the Tooth Fairy forgot him.....again. I swear I heard Jason gag on the toothpaste. He felt just as bad for him as I did. So Grant hears the ruckus and yells at Ryan to follow him to the bedroom. There just must be some mistake. In the meantime, Jason and I are looking in our billfolds for a dollar bill. Neither one of us had anything but a $5 or a $20, or coins. Wanted to be sauve about the whole issue so decided on the $5. (Note: The Tooth Fairy has only left $1 in the past) By the time we got to Ryan's bedroom, it looked like a bomb went off....blankets, pillows, sheets were everywhere, and Ryan was looking sadder by the second. Jason got up on the top bunk to see if "he" could find the missing money. He looked under the sheets, etc and then looked inside the pillowcase where he found the missing loot: $5. Ryan's eyes about bugged out of his head...and so did Grant's. Grant spouted out "What??? $5??? All I ever get is $1!!!!!!" There was a second or two of silence, and then Grant said so matter-of-factly...."Maybe it is part of the stimulus package!" (He is so his father's son!)














2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my day! I needed something to tickle my funny bone.

    ReplyDelete