Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby makes 3....Emily Grace



Last but not least, my baby girl, Emily Grace. I honestly didn't think baby #3 would ever be a reality for Jason and I. So when we found out we were expecting her, needless to say, we were ecstatic. Of course we just wanted a healthy baby, but when we went for my ultrasound to find out the sex, I was convinced that God had given us another baby boy. I AM an obstetrical nurse, for goodness sake. (but obviously not an ultrasound tech) Jason looked and instantly knew that Baby Holzmeyer would be Baby Girl Holzmeyer. He told the sonographer that "we got a different flavor". What an appropriate way to say that we were ready for all the "things" that go along with having a girl in the house. Emily lights up a room! To strangers, she is shy at first. But at home with all of us, she is a ball of energy that tugs at your heartstrings and your stamina..My heart melts when she says "Wuv you, mommy" when I put her to bed every night or when she asks me to read her a book for the 34th time that day. She already has a pouty face and crosses her arms when she's mad at you. She adores her brothers, and I can already tell we have 2 built in body guards for when potential boyfriends come a-callin'.

So there is my family.....hopefully all who reads this blog will get a sense of what it is like in my life and the people that make and mold who I am. <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment